On LinkedIn, carousels provide a unique method to showcase your brand or connect with your desired audience. With carousels, you can divide content into smaller segments, create brief tutorials, or illustrate a process. Carousels on LinkedIn present multiple visuals that viewers can swipe through while browsing your content on the platform. This allows you to add depth to your stories, leading to increased engagement. Moreover, carousels’ striking designs help them catch the attention of users while scrolling through their news feeds.
Working of LinkedIn Carousel
Carousel posts consist of multiple slides that you can share on your LinkedIn newsfeed, similar to a PowerPoint presentation. Users can move between pages by clicking the left and right buttons. The most significant benefit of carousel posts is the ability to include custom logos and contact information, which can enhance personal branding efforts. Additionally, LinkedIn users can download and share carousel posts within their networks, which can help promote your brand to a broader audience.
As a result, LinkedIn’s algorithm tends to prioritize carousel posts, increasing the likelihood of achieving a higher organic reach. Another advantage of carousel posts on LinkedIn is the ability to include an unlimited number of slides, allowing you to share more information than a regular LinkedIn post, which has a character limit of 3,000. Moreover, carousel posts enable you to add a call-to-action (CTA) at the end, encouraging your audience to take immediate action. With this feature, you can prompt your viewers to visit your website, sign up for your newsletter, or complete another desired action
How to create a LinkedIn carousel
Users can easily create a carousel on LinkedIn using Canva, or Contentdrips. First, click on the “document” icon located on your homepage feed. Alternatively, you can choose the document sharing button from the “Create a post” window. Then, select your document, provide a descriptive title, add a brief description, and you’re ready to publish your carousel post. For example: If you have made custom visual photos for TDTRG, let’s say a Linkedin marketer made a carousel ad for branding of Game development of TDTRG. Then all these pictures will be uploaded in the document form.
Guidelines to follow for a LinkedIn Carousel:
While designing a Carousel for Linkedin, you must take care of some points. Below are the guidelines and tips to follow:
- Use a few but high-quality images, with 5-6 being recommended and 10-12 being acceptable if they’re relevant to your content.
- Keep your images at 1080 x 1080 pixels with a square (1:1) aspect ratio to make them compatible with other platforms like Instagram.
- Use a powerful first slide with eye-catching visuals to draw in your audience.
- Use subsequent slides to build interest and lead up to a successful CTA.
- Optimize your slides for mobile phones and make them easy to navigate and engage with.
- Keep your slides concise, with 10-15 words per slide and bold headlines to guide users through your content.
- Break down complex topics into multiple carousel posts if needed, with 10-30 bite-sized slides in each.
- Use consistent colors or patterns within a section of your slideshow to maintain visual consistency.
- Write your posts in a conversational tone to add a personal touch and connect with your audience.
LinkedIn carousel ad specs
You must keep in mind the following LinkedIn carousel specs
- Name your carousel post using up to 255 characters.
- The introduction should be no more than 255 characters, but it’s recommended to limit it to 150 characters to prevent text truncation on some devices.
- The maximum file size for each slide is 10 MB, and the maximum image dimension is 4320 x 4320 pixels.
- You can use JPG or PNG image types, and GIFs are also accepted.
- If including a destination URL, it must include the “http://” or “https://” prefix. Keep the character limit to 45 for carousels with a destination URL.
- For carousels with a Lead Gen Form CTA, stick to the 30-character limit.
Importance of LinkedIn carousel
- Everything you do have a purpose. It acts as a main source of increased reach lead generation
- Drive higher engagement levels and increase the visibility of your posts.
- Attract more traffic to your LinkedIn profile.
- Share your story in a captivating way and stand out from other posts on the platform.
- Build your reputation and increase your popularity among the LinkedIn community.
- Boost the click-through rates on advertising links that direct users to your website.
LinkedIn carousel ad examples
- Career Opportunities: You can upload multiple career opportunities and their requirements in the carousel format.
- Listicles: Listing of important items, products, brands, etc can be visually depicted in the listicles along with engaging descriptions.
- Infographics: To engage users or attain a mass following, companies may provide usable infographics (i.e. market cap, job links, or information about specific brands). These infographics are highly creative and sweep huge reposts.
- Step-By-Step Instructions
A guide, step-by-step procedure, or instructions are illustrated in pictorial form which is posted on Instagram. Tips and ways for a process in various pictures in sequence form convince the reader to swap and continue reading and reposting it with their followers.
Call to Action:
As discussed these carousels, not only provide attractive visuals for your posts but also help in lead generation. You can boost your posts by adding carousels. If you want to get carousels for your business you can contact TDTRG. TDTRG, a social media agency helps in the optimization of your Linkedin profiles. We have boosted the followers and connections of various persons using our optimization techniques for Linkedin. Our experts use the latest social tool and premium versions of tools to find gaps on Linkedin. If you want to get a free quote on our services, you may mail us at email@example.com. We offer premium services at an economical and affordable rate.