A person who lives in Manhattan loses a cell phone in his resting lounge. He can find his cell phone via the voice recognition feature as soon as he speaks. The sensors in the cell phone quickly detect and respond accordingly to the voice. They catch and read the frequency of the voice, process it, and pass the results to the output. If the cell phone detects the voice of a real user, only then the device responds.
Voice recognition technology has revolutionized the way people interact with their smartphones and mobile apps. The popularity of voice search and voice recognition feature has increased significantly over the years. According to statistics, 27% of smartphone users prefer the voice search method to find something online. In the United States, 55% of voice feature users are teenagers who prefer voice search over typing. The voice search technology market has flourished into an $8 billion industry. Therefore, businesses need to consider adding the voice recognition feature to their mobile apps. The benefits of the voice recognition feature for mobile apps are vast. But it is critical to have an experienced IT team to help businesses with the strategic inclusion of voice search in apps.
Benefits of Voice Recognition
Some of the benefits of the voice recognition feature for mobile apps are:
- Time Efficiency: Voice recognition feature saves time and provides a personalized touch to the search. Typing takes more time and attention as compared to giving simple voice commands.
- Multilingual Expansion: Voice search makes mobile apps comprehensive for millions of target users around the globe. This is an immersive innovation for e-learning apps that provide skill-oriented courses on a larger scale.
- Unstoppable Evolution: Machine learning, deep learning, and AI, powers the voice search. With time and resources the evolution of voice search or recognition will become more promising and lucrative for mobile apps.
- Consumer Convenience: Voice search provides a substantial edge for convenience to the target consumer. They don’t need to type a search on your mobile application which is a huge advantage.
- Streamlined Support: Voice-based AIs can automate the job of consumer support, simplifying the task for the internal teams of a business.
- Simplified Operations: Voice-based platforms can automate and align multiple tasks in a manageable loop, simplifying operations.
It is worth mentioning that the mobile will entertain the only voice of real users. The auto voice detector of the mobile phone has the saved voice of the owner and only activates when the owner speaks.
Voice Search and Virtual Assistant:
The voice search feature is not only limited to search queries but it can act as your personal assistant. You can ask the voice search about any task and it will provide the answers. Let’s take an example, if a person is busy doing a home task and he wants to play music on his cell phone, he can command and it will play music.
Apple devices have a virtual assistant named as “Siri” that acts as a personal assistant and relies on voice commands to act. It performs various actions and tasks virtually on voice, due to natural language Similarly, Amazon has a virtual assistant named as “Alexa”. Some other AI virtual assistants are Google Assistant, ELSA speak, Socratic, and Youper.
Steps in Voice Search:
If you transmit the voice of a person from the cell phone to the controller in mobile, it passes through a series of steps. The voice gets converted into a digital footprint before reaching the system. Here, this interpretation of this command occurs and the AI virtual assistant of a mobile phone gives an appropriate response.
To elaborate further, a voice search system typically involves several steps:
- Capturing the voice input: The system uses a microphone to catch the voice input of the user. This voice is directly sent to the control center where further voice analysis occurs.
- Converting the voice into digital format: The system converts the voice input into a digital format that can be processed by the software. As the voice
- Speech recognition: The software uses machine learning algorithms to recognize the speech and convert it into text.
- Natural language processing: The system uses natural language processing (NLP) to understand the meaning of the text and determine the user’s intent.
- Retrieval of information: Based on the user’s intent, the system retrieves information from a database or the internet.
- Providing the output: The system converts the information into speech and provides it as output to the user.
In addition to the above steps, a voice search system may also involve pre-processing of the voice input to remove background noise. Moreover, it may also involve speaker identification to personalize the experience, and error correction to improve the accuracy of speech recognition.
In conclusion, businesses should consider adding the voice recognition feature to their mobile apps. It enhances user-friendliness and provides numerous benefits for both consumers and businesses. To successfully implement voice search in existing apps, businesses should hire an experienced mobile app development company in the USA.
Surprisingly, The DigiTech Resource Group -TDTRG is a well-reputed and top-ranked mobile app development company situated in New York. It offers wide services of Voice integration in chatbots, voice recognition systems in apps, and AI apps for voice search. Users can get free quotes from DTRG although services are paid.
What is the use of voice recognition?
The primary use of voice recognition is to enable the hands-free operation of devices and systems, allowing users to interact with them using only their voice. This can be particularly useful in situations where manual input is difficult or impossible, such as while driving.
What is a voice feature?
A voice feature is a functionality or capability that utilizes voice recognition technology to perform specific tasks or operations. Examples of voice features include voice-controlled virtual assistants, voice-activated search engines, and voice-activated smart home devices.
What is an example of voice recognition?
An example of voice recognition is the popular virtual assistant Siri, which is available on Apple devices. Users can interact with Siri by speaking commands or questions, and Siri will respond with relevant information or perform the requested task.
What are the types of voice recognition?
There are two main types of voice recognition: speaker-dependent and speaker-independent. Speaker-dependent voice recognition requires a trained system to recognize the user’s specific voice and speech patterns. However, speaker-independent voice recognition can recognize and respond to any user’s voice and speech.
What is voice recognition called?
Voice recognition is also commonly referred to as speech recognition or automatic speech recognition (ASR).